Saturday, April 23, 2005

Last Night

In between songs, Sam Beam tunes his electric guitar and the crowd quites down waiting for the next song to begin. Eric, Leah and I are sitting about 12 feet from the stage on a side rail then this happens:

Girl #1: next to me screams "play Jesus the Mexican Boy",
(another person in the crowd echos the request.)
Eric: Leans over and askes "what song did she ask for?"
Me: "Jesus the Mexican Boy."
Eric: "What album is that from?"
Me: "Umm, The Creek Drank the Craddle."
(theres a pause from everyone.)
Man #1: Turns to face me and says: Actually it's from "The Sea And The Rhythm".
Me: "Oh, I stand corrected." I look towards Eric and Leah, and they're shaking their heads.
Eric: "and we thought you knew something. I now have no respect for you".

The set list I forgot. The Woman King EP was played with in the first 20 min's and most of Our Endless Numbered Days.

No comments: