Friday, April 15, 2005

The Satan and a Farmhouse

Excitement has overhauled my nerves and I can't help but stand in joy, for music is a wonderful thing. I will start with the lesser of two albums.

Get Behind Me Satan is the title of Jack Whites next great album. Their fifth release will be out June 7th in the US and June 6th in the UK. Jack describeds the album as an exploration of "characters and the ideal of truth". The track list follows:

Get Behind Me Satan:
1. Blue Orchid
2. The Nurse
3. My Doorbell
4. Forever For Her (Is Over For Me)
5. Little Ghost
6. The Denial Twist
7. White Moon
8. Instinct Blues
9. Passive Manipulation
10. Take, Take, Take
11. As Ugly As I Seem
12. Red Rain
13. I'm Lonely (But I Ain't That Lonely Yet)

_____________________

For the last month or so Ben Gibbard, Chris Walla, Nick Harmer and Nathan Good have been living in a farmhouse in the middle of Massachusets completing tracks for their next album Plans. These four men are the band members of Death Cab For Cutie. A band that is worthy of our attention and have been very successful in gaining recognition from all over the world. The Album will have song titles such as, "Someday You Will Be Loved", "I will Follow You Into the Dark", and "Your Heart Is an Empty Room". Ben wrote most of these lyrical ballads of love when he was on tour last year. The album name is also the answer to Ben's favorite joke, "How do you make God laugh? Make a plan".

No comments: