Tuesday, April 19, 2005

To Those Who Lived in the Wisconsin and Brothel House the Fall of 2003: This post is for you

Moscow, Idaho:
Est. population 23,000
Elevation- 2583 feet
Land Area- 6.2 square miles

Zip Codes- 83843
Average Household Income- $26,884
Ancestries- German 23.5%, English 16.9%, Irish 11.6%, Norwegian 6.0%, United States 5.3%, Swedish 5.3%
Unemployed- 9.0%
Avg Travel Time To Work- 13.1 min
The University of Idaho has 9,800 Full-time Students
The Average Weather this time of year is in the Mid-Fiftys


I spent two weeks of my life the fall of 2003 in this small cozy town. These weeks became more and more memorable then I realized. I found a community that I've been searching for and God blessed me there with two weeks of living. Well anyways, to those who used to live in the Wisconsin and the Brothel and I guess the Igloo is included, I have this to say to you: The Two Gallants! A band from San Fransico that is incredible. They have given rock n roll a new sound and the sound is sweetness to my ears. May anyone that reads this post and who currently lives in Mosocow persevere in finding a copy to burn and give to all. I really wish I could give a copy away, it is the least I could do, but I have yet to purchase a copy myself. Visit their web site and watch a version of "Two Days Short Tomorrow". http://www.twogallants.com/home.html

The Sound: A Bob Dylan/Bluegrass/Punk influenced/ with harmonicas. It's really like sitting on the backporch of a Mississippi farmhouse in the 30's where two farm boys play guitar, drums and a harmonica. But only, these two boys do it rather well and blow everybody away!

Lyrics:"I awake on the floor with my country at war and I wish I could care but my liver's too sore. If liquor's a lover you know I'm a whore." - from My Madonna








http://www.roughtrade.com/site/shop_detail.lasso?search_type=sku&sku=256587&-session=rt1:47248A2D0a3b139879pig2A571B6

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/t/two-gallants/throes.shtml

No comments: