Sunday, May 15, 2005

The Plan B

Two months ago I bought tickets for a Doves show on May 12 at the Quest. One of my best friends flys down early to catch the show with my brother and I. We arive at the doors to find them locked and the streets empty. We happened to asked an employee of the Quest outside the meaning for all of this and questioned why the place is shut down. She replyed that the doves had just canceled the show and that it was posted on their web site. We couldn't believe it and my heart started to sink a few feet into the ground. Shaun said we're not giving up yet and will make something out of this evening. I mean, since we've paid for parking, might as well make use of the time. We run around trying to find a copy of the City Pages look for what's going on in the city. During our search, I remember that my friend was attending a sold out Bright Eyes show half a block away at that very moment. I called him up and stated that he's going to their second show tomorrow, but said that the show was sold out a long time ago. We decided that since we were right there, might as well check it out. We are standing right out side and Shaun tells us to say right here. I light up a cigarette and we wait in the light breezy rain. Few moments later Shaun comes up, tells me to quickly put out the smoke and to follow him. We get inside to the ticket booth and says to give the guy 10 bucks. I hand the man 10 bucks and he lets us in. HOT DAMN!! Tickets were 25 dollars and we got in for only 10 bucks for all of us. We saved 65 dollars to see Bright Eyes. Better yet we saw Bright Eyes's whole show from the start to his hour long finish. I believe he played 10 - 12 songs including the encore! What a short show, but I guess Conor is the one to pull that off. So not only do I get a full refund for my tickets, our night was redeemed perfectly. Bright Eyes was fantastic live and Plan B was almost better then A. Praise God!

No comments: