Thursday, August 11, 2005

The Siren Screams At Half Past Ten

The lights go down, and the anticipation for this show was revealed with a deafing scream of joy from the 6000 + fans. After a few seconds waiting for the crowd to quiet down, you start to hear "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" from the house speakers. The auditorium remains dark during the length of this song and everyone ended up singing to the whole song and swaying a tid bit. By the end of the song, all four members of the Killers showed up (vivaciously) on stage and begun to rock out hard. Brandon Flowers wore a black v-neck shirt with a tux jacket for the first half of the show. After 9 songs they left the stage and returned minutes later in different blazers. Brandon Flowers however had a stunning resemblance to Gigolo Joe. He moved and acted like he was impersinating that character. It was hot. We were teased with two new Hott! songs that ruled. Louis XIV opened for them and were ok. They were very entertaining and hearing "finding out true love is blind" live was pretty sweet. Although, they played the acoustic guitar as if it was electric and performed a "folkish" type song that sounded like it belonged to Ryan Adams. I was impressed. I found myself suffering from dance overdrive when I was at work laying down moves in the aisles of my Home Depot. I had to explain to a few people just why I was acting the way I was. Mr. Brightside was one of the best songs I heard live. Oh man, talk about spicing it up with overwhelming hottness!

No comments: