Tuesday, January 10, 2006

You're The Moonlight In This Town

Last fall I had one piece of music that Minneapolis didn't have. I searched the yellow pages for every indie and commercial record store looking for The Back Room by the Editors. Not one store had a copy nor had they heard of the band. This is not the case anymore. You might be asking as of how I came into possession of such a rarity and I might answer with one word. Just one, are you ready (pause) Moscow. Anways I had to cash in thirty bucks to import the album and to taste for myself why I was told to buy it. You can now iTune the hell out of the "Back Room", then go pour a glass of Knob Creek and burn down a smoke. You will not regret such an action. Unless of course you don't smoke or drink whiskey.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of terrible person doesn't like cigarettes and Knob Creek? I had both of those on New Year's eve. Now that you're done scouring record stores, you should scour tobacco shops for English Ovals. They're made by Phillip Morris here in the U S of A and they're the best cigarette you will ever smoke. I guarantee it. They're pricey but oh so worth it.

Anna Murnion said...

You know I would regret such an action...but I know you would enjoy it very much. Maybe someday I will enjoy it with you. I have my doubts about that though.

Anonymous said...

tsk tsk tsk? Is this about your movie or Philip Seymour Hoffman (or both)?

Anonymous said...

So I'm giving The Editors a listen. I like'em! They sound a lot like Interpol, but less trance-inducing. Do you have AIM?

Brian Murnion said...

Matt
No, it was more for not knowing you had a blog and I just found it. Well that and the movie. We should talk, I'm getting ready to shoot a short film next weekend.

Eric,
I went to the smoke shop and they had English Ovals but I was buying Dunhills and wanted to wait to smoke the Ovals on a special occasion such as Josh's wedding. I think they were going for 7.30 a pack.

Anna,
It's ok, I love you.

Anonymous said...

Dude, seriously bring me like two packs and I will totally pay you back. I mean it. No joke. Please.