Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Shh, A Personal Secret At The End

A few Hollywood directors have been impressing me lately. Two particular ones have made films recently that gives me hope of future work.

One. I loathe all Lord Of The Ring films with a passion. Back in the day, Peter Jackson had fun creating a few horror titles and built a small fan base after these cult classics, (Bad Taste, Braindead). He then made one of the most annoying trilogies in film history banking in the top twenty best films on IMDB. Say What! Are people crazy. Anyways, Mr. Jackson went on to remake a classic film released this last year known as King Kong. After this film, my view of Mr. Jackson gained some trust. I am well pleased with the finished film. Man, what do people see in Lord of the Rings? Help me with this, please. I wish to know.

Two. Again, back in the day, when I was a teenager, before I had status and before I had a pager...I loved The Matrix. That film spoke to me in so many ways. I was in highschool, I never owned a secular album and I'd never seen an R rated film without my parents knowing. I watched The Matrix on a big screen tv in my friends living room. It blew me away. I then learned to talk with my parents about this movie, and why it was good but without them knowing that I viewed it. It worked. But needless to say, two more films came out continuing the plot line and turned something good into something bad. Ridunculously bad! And I frowned upon the Wachowski brother's talent. Their future work did not intrest me at all. However, that changed when I saw V for Vendetta. Which is fantastic. They have earned back my trust.

Keep It Up.


__---__-


I think Wayne Coyne would make the coolest uncle. I wish we were neighbors and I could cut his grass during the summer time and we could drink lemonade together. (that does not leave this blog.)

2 comments:

Brian Murnion said...

Hahaha!

Brooke said...

This is only a third of the V speech. I Very much enjoyed it.

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.