Saturday, May 27, 2006

You Won't Have To Wait Very Long.

Cinema:
Terrence Malick's The New World has made it into my top three films of the year. Which made me think that it's time to make a list of my favorite films. About this list, it changes pretty often. But for the good. As I continue to watch these and many other films, new things stand out and will illuminate in my life, which captivates me. Here you go:

1. Thin Red Line
2. High Noon
3. Unbreakable
4. Magnolia
5. Lawrence of Arabia
6. A.I.
7. The Girl On the Bridge
8. Joe vs The Volcano
9. The New World
10. 28 Days Later
(what the hell, lets go for 13)
11. Royal Tenenbaums
12. Star Wars: A New Hope
13. Princess And The Warrior

I also watched Good Night, and Good Luck the other night and decided it should have won best picture last year.
Spellbound is a great Hitchcock film.

I can't wait to see "The Proposition" and "Art School Confidential". Both of which will not make it to Billings.

Sounds:
I've been listening to "Moroccan Role EP" by Ryan Adams.

"Over and Over Again" by Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah is a good song.

Here are some songs that would be almost impossible to find without iTunes.

Words So Leisured - Franz Ferdinand
Choked Up - Ryan Adams
Let Me Come Home - Wilco
Obstacle 1 (Arthur Baker's Return to New York Mix) - Interpol
World Shut Your Mouth - Death Cab For Cutie
Avalanche - Sufjan Stevens (I believe it's also on the vinyl version)

I'm making a short film about a very odd account of kidnapping.
Ovary Stripe by Kasabian will be the opening track. If I'm lucky.

No comments: