Friday, May 18, 2007

Atlas by Battles. It's Cocaine For My Ears!

"I don't think they listen to enough records", says Jeff Tweedy answering a question on why he thinks people consider YHF "experimental". I agree.

The Battles are not an experimental band. They bring together elements from other genres and make it sound really really good. Atlas is an almost perfect constructed song. And the video couldn't be better.

When Anna and I are in Seattle the end of June, I'm planning on blowing money I don't have on 30 to 40 records. Mirrored is/was one of them. However, I am not able to wait a whole month without this album, so I found this site called Bleep. It's pretty cool. When I can, I'll be using them over iTunes. They offer the highest quality MP3 and there's no protected music, which is a solid seller. When in Seattle, I'm looking for a vinyl copy.

You can currently listen to this album on their myspace.



Mirrored, along with Sound Of Silver, Neon Bible and Personal Pitch are some of the best records this year.

(atlas by battles)

No comments: