Thursday, September 22, 2005

There's Nothing That A Chipotle Burrito Can't Cure.

When someone claims that they can't sing well or that they don't have a good voice, they're probably correct in saying that and wouldn't want to hear them actually prove anything to you. Now, when Jeff Tweedy say's something along those lines or that he's not as talented with his vocal cords the way (lets say) Mark Greaney is, I say he's wrong. Jeff Tweedy sings perfectly in every way he was ment to. He doesn't need sea shaking suicidal vocal cords, all he needs is a pocket size set that works really well. That is exactly what he has. I like Jeff Tweedy. I like him more then Neil Young and I think his band gives us the closest modern Beach Boys album (Summerteeth) you could ask for. Jeff will be playing solo at First Avenue the first Sunday in November. Just another reason why a few people should come visit the twin cities this year. I not only like him for his voice but becuase of these two "similaritys". The first is an interview of Jeff by Wired back in 11/04. I agree with him on this issue. The second, according to a few pop culture magazines and in his own words, he has quit smoking. And I too will no longer carry my leprosy infected smoking rags. I will no longer drive with my windows down during the Winter season watching icicles form on my rear view mirror.

Always Love…even when you ought to fight.

No comments: