Sunday, July 8, 2007

The Way Summer Films Should Be

Watched Transformers this afternoon. I left the theater completely satisfied. It's all a summer film should ever be.

I watched A Woman Is A Woman the other night and there's a scene when a guy comes over to his friends house and tells them, "be quick, Breathless is showing on TV". Both of those films were directed by the amazing Jean-Luc Godard.
There's a scene in Transformers when a kid video tapes the impact of a meteorite and screams, "this is 10 times cooler then Armageddon". Which is a Michael Bay film.
I think it's funny when directors reference their own films in their films. It reminds me of the scene in Coffee and Cigarettes with Iggy Pop and Tom Waits. When they talk about their songs in the juke-box.

Anna and I are watching Chelsea Walls tonight. Haven't seen this film in years. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Anna Murnion said...

Hmm...maybe tonight?

Anonymous said...

That montage behind "The Lonely One" kills me every time.