Tuesday, September 4, 2007

INLAND EMPIRE. David Lynch. And cheese is made FROM milk!

I've seen Lost Highway, half of Easerhead, part of one episode of Twin Peaks and several one minute films and public service announcements. According to a close friend of mine, David Lynch does no drugs. He never has. You might say that's impossible after viewing Inland Empire. But this film is in a class of it's own.



My instant reaction to the terror and psychedelic acid-trip story line was that this film is boring and belongs in a New York City art club. Inland Empire, I think, is nothing special. However, the day after, I decided to watch the trailer to see what it shows of the story. It doesn't show much, but seeing those few images and then trying to explain the film to my wife won me over. I think there's a lot of nonsense in the film, but it rides on visuals that I've never experienced before.



Laura Dern deserves best best actress for her role. She was amazing!



Click on the clip below, Mr. Lynch explains everything. No seriously, you must watch the video. It involves Lynch and a Cow on a street corner hanging out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.